Tasty Corn and Rice Balls Recipe:- There are many interesting ways to make with cooked rice and corns. These Corn and Rice are tasty and an innovative starter for your parties. This rice balls can also be served with a cup of tea. Let’s follow this recipe.
Preparation Time: 15 min; Cooking Time: 30 min;
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and coarsely crushed sweet corn kernels
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice (chawal)
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup plain flour (maida)
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green chilies
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup plain flour (maida) dissolved in
- 3/4 cup water
- bread crumbs for rolling
- oil for deep-frying
1. In a broad non-stick pan add butter and flour and cook for a few minutes till bubbles appear on it and stir continuously.
2. Pour milk and cook on medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes or till the mixture is thick and stir continuously and remove from the flame and transfer to a bowl.
3. Add the rice, sweet corn, coriander, green chilies and salt, mix it well and allow it to cool completely.
4. Once cooled, divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball and in a bowl add flour and water and make a smooth paste and keep it aside.
5. Dip each ball into the flour-water mixture and roll it in the bread crumbs till it is evenly coated from all the sides.
6. Heat oil in a kadhai and deep-fry few balls at a time and fry till they are golden brown in color from all the sides.
7. Serve it with tomato ketchup.
Check More Appetizer Recipes