(Image source from: AtHomeDiva)
The Top Five DIY Chocolate Face Masks For Radiant Skin:- Have you ever tasted the dark chocolate? Well, it tastes amazing and comes handy to improve your mood. But, did you know that this heavy ingredient has a lot of benefits, when applied on your skin? As the dark chocolate is rich in anti-oxidants, it protects you from the free radical damage and also helps to get rid of the dead skin cells. Moreover, it moisturizes your skin well to make it soft, supple and radiant.
We have shared here with you five different ways you can use this amazing ingredient in your beauty routine.
You can buy any regular over-the-counter dark chocolate bar, to use dark chocolate in these homemade masks. But, make sure you use the unsweetened ones. To whip up the mask, you cannot simply shred or cut the chocolate pieces. Before using it in the mask, you will have to melt it. Also remember, you need to be very careful as it can easily get burned, while melting the chocolate. You can melt the chocolate by two ways - by using a double boiler or using a microwave.
Place a light, non-plastic bowl over another pot of steaming water, to melt the chocolate in a double boiler. To prevent the chocolate from not getting burned, make sure that the bottom of the top bowl is not in contact with the boiling water. The chocolate above will be slowly heated by the steam and till the chocolate gets melted, keep stirring continuously. If it is broken up into smaller pieces, the chocolate will melt faster.
Simply cut the dark chocolate into small cubes and toss them in a microwavable bowl inside the microwave and keep the power setting to the lowest, to melt it using a microwave. For around 10 to 15 seconds, heat it and then again for another 15 seconds. In almost 30 to 40 seconds, the chocolate will get melted.
Below are five DIY dark chocolate face masks that you can easily be done at home.
A) Dark Chocolate And Honey Face Mask
(Image Source: Shape and Charm)
Apart from the benefits of dark chocolate, honey also has the amazing benefits for your skin. As honey is a humectant, it helps retain moisturize in your skin. Give your face a natural glow, by using it with dark chocolate.
To make this chocolate and honey face mask -
-Add ¼ cup of melted dark chocolate, 1 teaspoon of honey and few drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice in a bowl.
-Mix the above ingredients well, and apply this paste generously all over your face and neck.
-Allow it to sit for 15 minutes and massage the paste into your face in circular motions. With the help of warm water, wash it off.
B) Dark Chocolate And Clay Face Mask
(Image Source: Gerlinde Naturals)
The extra oil from your skin will be sapped by the clay. It leaves exfoliated, by removing dead skin cells. Apart from this, it will tighten your skin and refine enlarged pores.
To make this chocolate and clay face mask -
- Add 1/2 cup of melted dark chocolate, 2 tablespoons of Fuller’s earth in a bowl and mix both the ingredients well.
- Apply the paste evenly on your face and wash it off once it dries. With a soft towel, pat your skin dry. In a container, store the rest of the paste.
C) Dark Chocolate And Yogurt Face Mask
The dead skin cells will be dissolved by the lactic acid in yogurt. Moreover, it also helps to tighten your pores.
To make this chocolate and yogurt face mask -
- First melt five cubes of dark chocolate and add 1 1/2 teaspoon of fresh yogurt to this.
- Mix well and then also add 1 tablespoon of gram flour.
- Mix well and apply this on your face and neck.
- After scrubbing the mask, wash it off after 15 minutes.
D) Dark Chocolate And Milk Cream Face Mask
The nourishing properties of milk and cream make this face mask perfect dehydrated and extra dry skin.
To make this chocolate and milk cream face mask -
- Take 1/4 cup of melted dark chocolate and to this add 1 tablespoon of heavy cream or milk and a few drops of honey.
- Apply this mask evenly to the face and neck and wash it off after 20 minutes.
- With the help of a tissue, wipe your face and to freshen up your skin and to close the pores, use a toner.
E) Dark Chocolate And Fruit Face Mask
Get an instant brightness to your skin, with the goodness of dark chocolate, and also with the fresh fruits infused face mask.
To make this chocolate and fruit face mask -
- Take two big cubes of water melon and a strawberry and blend them well.
- Melt half a cup of dark chocolate and add the fruit paste to it, once it cools.
- Apply generously on your face and neck area.
- Wash it off with warm water after 20 minutes and pat your skin dry.