June 21 is marked as International Yoga Day with preparations going on in the national capital with full swing.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be leading the campaign at Capitol Complex, Chandigarh along with 30000 participants.
- Short address on the benefits of Yoga by Modi
- 57 Union ministers from the Modi Cabinet to promote yoga day
- 10,000 participants to perform yoga in Delhi
- The AYUSH Ministry released a Yog Geet (song)
- Yoga Guru Ramdev to take part in the event at Rajpath
- Diplomats to participate in the Yoga program at Nehru Park
- “Sadhguru” Jaggi Vasudev hold session of simple yoga practice and yogic chants at glass-fronted UN headquarters tower
Yoga Day would be celebrated worldwide at 191 countries including China, France, Sri Lanka among others. Narendra Modi has been sharing Yoga postures and Aasanas on his twitter account as a part of the International Yoda Day 2016 Campaign.
The program will start at 6 a.m. and Common Protocol Yoga by all participants will start at 7 a.m and go on till 7.45 a.m.
Preparations are on to celebrate the International Day of Yoga in Nagaland as well.
Theme of the Day this year is to “connect the youth”.
Yoga Ministry, Department of AYUSH in Government of India has been arranging events across the nation to promote the Indian origin health practice.
Apart from UN delegates, thousands of citizens are expected to participate in the gala events that will be organised on the day. The iconic Times Square will be host a series of events on the occasion with several spiritual leaders and various Indian community associations marking their presence at the second International Yoga Day.
Also Read: 6 tips for perfect meditation
By M. Divya Shri