How would it be, if you know that you can afford to make a cake, you have seen at a rich cake shop. Chocolate applesauce cake is one such dessert, you can prepare at your home.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Add all ingredients to list
Also read: Chocolate truffle dessert recipe
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan. Take a bowl and add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in it and sift together.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, until it gets light and fluffy, using an electric mixer set on a medium speed. Beat in the eggs one by one and blend in the vanilla extract. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the apple sauce.
3. Then pour the batter into a baking pan and sprinkle with the chocolate chips and chopped walnuts. For about 35 minutes, bake it at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
By Phani Ch