The 45 day ordeal came to an end, to prove 'end is inevitable'. Yes we are talking about the fifth season of Indian Premier League (IPL) at Chennai on Sunday. Thousands on the stadium and millions viewing the small screens bid adieu to the luxury format of the game. In the final match Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) bulldozed Chennai Super Kings (CSK) and won by six wickets at the M A Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. Let us now have a look at who got what in the final ceremony.
· Kolkata Knight Riders won the IPL and bagged Rs 10 Cr.
· Chennai Super Kings is the first runner up and bagged Rs 7.5 Cr.
· Delhi Dare Devils is the second runner up.
· Manvinder Bisla is the Man of the match in the final and gets Rs 5 lakhs.
· Sunil Narine is the Golden Player of the tournament and gets Rs 10 lakhs.
· Mandeep Singh is named the `Rising Star’ of the tournament and gets Rs 10 lakhs.
· Morne Morkel is the best bowler and hauls 25 wickets for the Delhi Dare devils. He is given the Purple Cap and Rs 10 lakhs.
· Chris Gayle is the best batsman with a total score of 733 runs for the Royal Challengers Bangalore. He gets the Orange Cap and Rs 10 lakhs.
· Rajasthan Royals bags the fair play award.
· AB de Villiers bags the Individual Performance award.
The carnival which had loads of entertainment coupled with bitter controversies ended on a happy note. Fans slowly wake up to realize the fact that the summer tourney has ended. Awaiting IPL 6 we wind up here. Keep watching for latest updates on sports, regularly. (With Inputs from Internet- Aarkay)