Most of us throw away Watermelon seeds. But have you ever thought about how beneficial its seeds can be? The seeds have nutrients, proteins fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. It is also rich in calories.
1. Watermelon seeds are as good for the skin as they are for the health. It provides you a glowing and healthy skin. Watermelon seeds contain unsaturated fatty acids, which are essential for keeping your skin moisturized and hydrated, as well as in keeping the skin well-toned. It also helps in preventing acne and a number of other skin disorders. So have watermelon seeds regularly.
2. The antioxidants present in watermelon seeds help in reducing the signs of ageing. By taking watermelon seeds regularly, your skin will look young, more healthy and glowing. All you need to do is to have a handful of watermelon seeds every week. You will be amazed at the results you get.
3. The essential fatty acids present in watermelon seed oil help in moisturizing the scalp and also prevent breaking of the hair. The rich protein content of the seed is good for maintaining healthy and glowing hair.
4. The copper present in roasted watermelon seeds helps in the production of melanin, which is the pigment that is responsible for lending color to your hair. So having roasted watermelon seeds helps in preventing premature graying of the hair.
5. Watermelon seeds are very beneficial for the diabetic patients also. Take a handful of watermelon seeds and boil it with one liter of water for about 45 minutes, keeping the vessel closed. Now take this concoction every day just as you drink tea. You will see the difference it makes to you.
6. 100 gm of watermelon seed provide you about 139% of the magnesium that is needed by the body daily. This is essential for the normal functioning of the heart, to maintain the blood pressure, protein synthesis and for the maintenance of metabolism.
With so many benefits of watermelon seeds, do not throw away the seeds next time when you east watermelon. Use them and see how they make you healthy and strong.
Also Read: 10 Best Toner Shampoos
BY M. DIVYA SRI