(Image source from: Vegrecipesofindia.com)
Mushroom Palak Recipe:- Whip up this nutritious yet delicious dish for your loved ones. This tongue tickling treat is rich in protein, iron, low in calories and a diet delight recipe. Serve this for lunch or dinner.
- Onion - 3/4 cup chopped
- Garlic - 5-6 cloves
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Tomato - 3/4 cup chopped
- Button Mushroom - 1 3/4 cup chopped
- Salt to taste
- Spinach/Palak - 2 cups heaped (chopped)
- Green chili - 1
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Chili powder - 1/2 -1 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder -1/2 tsp (optional)
For the seasoning
- Oil - 2 1/2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Fresh Cream - 1-2 tbsp (optional)
1. Finely chop onion, garlic, and tomatoes and wash and clean mushrooms and chop it into 2 or 3 pieces and do not chop it finely and you can use any mushrooms you like.
2. Wash and chop spinach roughly and in a pan add a cup water and spinach leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from the water and allow it to cool.
3. Grind it to a slightly coarse paste with green chili and salt and keep this aside and do not discard the water in which the spinach was cooked as it will use while cooking the gravy.
4. Heat oil in a pan add cumin seeds and when it sizzles and add finely chopped onions and garlic.
5. Cook until the onions turn golden brown and add a little salt to speed up the process.
6. When onions turn light golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and saute for a few more minutes.
7. Add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, salt and cook until the tomatoes turn mushy.
8. Then add mushroom and cover it with a lid and cook on medium flame and do not add water as the mushrooms will release water.
9. When the mushrooms are cooked, add the spinach paste, garam masala powder (or kitchen king masala powder) and mix it well.
10. Add 1/2 cup of water (use the water in which spinach was cooked) and cook until everything gets mix well and cook on a low flame.
11. You can adjust the consistency of the gravy according to your choice by adding more or less water.
12. Garnish with fresh cream if you want to make it rich.
13. Serve hot with rotis, naan, any parathas or kulchas.