Preparing a yummy dish for lunch! Oops added more salt to your dish! Now what to do?
Here are some tips to remove excess salt from food...
- You can add 2-3 tbsp of yogurt or malai (fresh cream)
- Coconut milk can be added to gravies to balance the excess salt.
- You can also add bread crumbs if it is a dry curry
- Add pealed slices of potato to the gravy. Let it remain in the dish for 10 minutes. You can also cook for a few minutes with the potatoes. The potato will absorb the excess salt from gravies or soups. Then take out all the potato slices before serving.
- If it is an onion tomato based gravy, you can prepare more onion tomato gravy without salt and add to the dish. This will balance the excess salt in the dish/cooked food.
- Add a few small balls of chapati dough and boil the gravy or dal with it for 3-4 minutes. This helps to soak up the excess salt. Then discard the balls after 10 minutes.
- For excess salt in raitas - grind freshly grated coconut to a fine paste and add it to raitas or pachadi.
Also Read: Apricot ice cream recipe
By M. Divya Shri