Sheer korma or shir qurma is one of the delicious hyderabadi dessert made during the holy month of Ramadan. In most Hyderabadi homes or Iftar gatherings one can often find it on the Iftar menu. So , let’s see how to make this yummy dessert...
Prep Time: 30 min
500 ml milk, approx 3 cups full fat organic milk
1 tbsp ghee
1 to 1.5 tbsp sugar or as required
½ cup broken seviyan/whole wheat vermicelli
7-8 cashews, chopped
8-9 almonds, sliced
8-9 unsalted pistachios, sliced
8-9 dates seedless, chopped
4 cardamoms, crushed to a powder in a mortar-pestle.
½ or 1 tbsp chironji/charoli
1 tbsp golden raisins
½ to 1 tsp rose water
1. Roast the seviyan in ghee also till golden and keep aside.
2. In the same pan heat ghee and add chopped dry fruits and saute for 3-4 minutes stirring often.
3. Heat milk in a saucepan and let it come to a boil.
4. Lower the flame and simmer for 8-10 minutes till the milk slightly thickens.
5. Add the roasted seviyan and sugar to the milk and simmer till the seviyan are cooked and become soft for about 8-10 minutes on a low flame.
6. Add the whole dry fruit mixture and cardamom powder.
7. Switch off the gas and stir.
8. Serve the sheer khurma hot, warm or chilled.
Also Read: Spring Chicken & Blue Cheese Salad Recipe
By M. Divya Shri