Do you have sweet tooth? Do you love to eat warm dessert in this cold, damp weather? Here is the receipe of Orange bread & butter pudding.
Prep Time: 40 Min
75 g California seedless raisins
75 ml Cointreau, or orange juice
70 g unsalted butter
10 slices stale white bread, crusts removed
150 g fine cut orange marmalade
4 medium free-range eggs
2 medium egg yolks
50 g Fairtrade golden caster sugar
Zest of 1 orange
200 ml semi-skimmed milk
200 ml single fresh cream
2 tbsp Fairtrade demerara sugar
1. Take raisins in a small pan and pour over the Cointreau (or orange juice).
2. Simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes; take off the heat and set aside.
3. Spread the butter on both sides of bread, then spread one side with marmalade.
4. Slice in half diagonally, then arrange the triangles, slightly overlappin in a 1.5-litre baking dish.
5. Pour over the raisins and their liquid.
6. Break the eggs into a bowl and add the 2 egg yolks, caster sugar and orange zest.
7. Beat together and then add milk and cream.
8. Beat until well combined and pour over the bread, then let sit for 30 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC, gas 4.
10. Sprinkle demerara sugar ontop of the pudding and bake for 35 minutes, until golden on top.
11. Serve it hot.
Also Read: Zafrani Pulao Recipe
By M. Divya Shri